You realize that you need to begin planning for IFRS transition. What should you be doing to best prepare? Here are some best practices implemented by companies around the world:
- Start planning early.
- Assemble a cross-disciplinary team of key stakeholders.
- Involve audit, tax and treasury departments.
- Consider the changes you need to implement and prepare a timeline.
- Make sure your accounting system is flexible enough to handle GAAP and IFRS simultaneously during the transition and can accommodate future change.
- Conduct effective training and get all constituents on board to ensure a successful transition.
By starting down the right path, you can be well on your way to a smooth transition to IFRS. Let us know about your experiences transitioning to IFRS. What best practices are you implementing? We’d love to hear from you.
Like what you read? Join other like-minded business professionals and subscribe to our blog. Keep up-to-date with the latest business, financial management and IT topics and trends.
Enter your email in the Subscribe to Blog box to the top right and receive the latest posts in your inbox.